Following the press conference held on January 6, 2021, the Quebec government is imposing new health measures, which will be in effect from January 9, 2021 to February 8, 2021, inclusive.
The AIBQ office will remains closed until February 8, 2021.
The information available of the government to date, is that building inspection remains possible in compliance with the main following rules and if government measures change, we will notify you.
Property inspections are part of the professional services in the accomplishment of a real estate transaction. Therefore, these inspections are not subject to prohibitions as professional services while respecting sanitary measures.
Despite this, there are precautionary measures to be taken. First, it’s important to postpone any inspections where residents have COVID 19 or are in isolation due to flu symptoms or returning from travel.
Here are the steps to take during the visit:
• Building inspections, aimed at carrying out a real estate transaction, are still possible in compliance with the curfew, but prohibited between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. under penalty of a fines by the police authorities. Building inspection is a professional service as part of the execution of a real estate transaction;
• The « Building inspection procedure in a pandemic period » remains the priority during an inspection carried out by a member of the AIBQ (mask, gloves, etc.);
• A maximum of four (4) people including the inspector inside the residence or apartment is admitted during the visit;
• Ask everyone present to keep a distance of at least two meters;
• Ask the buyer not to touch anything in the residence;
The AIBQ is committed to protecting the public by adopting the industry’s most stringent pandemic inspection procedure. In addition, the AIBQ repeats the importance of respecting the sanitary and distancing measures issued by public health authorities, among others within the framework of your professional activities, and insists on the importance of applying tangible measures in your activities planned in the update, aimed to limit the spread of the virus and to protect the public.
Sincerely yours, the AIBQ Board of Directors
in building inspections throughout Québec
Is second to none in all real estate transactions !
For most people, buying a home will be the most important transaction of their
lifetime. This is why a professional inspection before purchasing any property
has become essential and in the buyer’s best interest.