Sanitary instructions and curfew in effect throughout Quebec. Avoid travel and check the measures that apply in your area for details. You can also consult all the information on COVID-19.
the government information available for the building inspection remains possible in compliance with the following main rules. And if the government measures change, we will notify you..
The visits to properties for a real estate transaction remain possible. Property inspections are part of professional services when completing a real estate transaction. Therefore, these inspections are not subject to prohibitions as professional services while respecting sanitary measures.
Despite this, there are precautionary measures to take.
First, it is important to postpone any inspections where residents have COVID 19 or are in isolation due to flu-like symptoms or returning from travel..
Here are the steps to take during the visit:
• Building inspections, aimed for a real estate transaction are still possible in compliance with the curfew, but prohibited between 9:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. on pain of fines by the police authorities. Building inspection is a professional service in the context of the execution of a real estate transaction;
• The « Building inspection procedure during a pandemic period » remains the priority during an inspection carried out by a member of the AIBQ (mask, gloves, etc.);
• A maximum of four (4) people including the inspector inside the residence or apartment is admitted during the visit;
• Ask everyone present to keep a distance of at least two meters;
• Ask the buyer not to touch anything in the residence;
The AIBQ is committed to protecting the public by adopting the most stringent pandemic inspection procedure in the industry. In addition, the AIBQ recalls the importance of respecting the sanitary and distancing measures issued by public health authorities, among others within the framework of your professional activities, and insists on the importance of applying concrete measures in your activities planned in the update, aimed at limiting the spread of the virus and thus protecting the public.
Sincerely yours, the AIBQ board of directors
in building inspections throughout Québec
Is second to none in all real estate transactions !
For most people, buying a home will be the most important transaction of their
lifetime. This is why a professional inspection before purchasing any property
has become essential and in the buyer’s best interest.